Aztec Glass by Aztec Industry Solutions
Aztec Glass is the next generation software that supports the Glass and Glazing industry.
These release notes provide information on new features, changes and the technical aspects of the solution. The information in this document w ill appear in chronological order w ith new est information at the start of the document, as w ell as important notes.
Note: Aztec Glass uses semantic versioning details of which can be found at Semantic Versioning.
Important: in order for printing to work correctly, your local settings must be configured to point to the correct report folder. In the case of a single-user installation, this can be the folder where Aztec Glass is installed. If you are in a multi-user environment, however, this should be the network folder or share where the reports are held.
Additional Notes on Shapes
The way shapes work has changed ever so slightly from the Clarity Classic behaviours. A user can now enter as many different pricing markups as they desire, compared to the 10 entries in Clarity Classic. Now modern technology allows us to define as many tables as we see fit. So in order to help us not get confused when using all these wonderful new pricing tables, a new Markup Name field allows the user to add some context to the item. A good example here is to use a meaningful name when assigning the markup, e.g. “4mm Glass” applies to be used for pricing all 4mm glass types.
Niggles! Always with the niggles!
- NEW – Added the item retail, special price and retail price fields to the document list line view.
- NEW – Added energy surcharge functionality to documents.
- FIX – The customer can now prevent bulk printing w hen choosing report styles by closing the dialog via the “X”.
- FIX – The system now correctly exports the nominal code w hen choosing “Custom” from the list of nominal codes during postings export.
- FIX – Added the ability to specify a nominal code for a document – sorry about that!
- FIX – Fixed an issue w ith customer export in the Sales Accounting view that generated an error if the customer had no address entered – one cannot penalise the homeless!
Why w ith the defects? Why alw ays w ith the defects?
- NEW – Added document colours to the main document screen to be consistent w ith the document summary screen.
- NEW – Added the short description to the product special price view to allow for quicker product search.
- FIX – Added a safeguard w hen entering tax codes to ensure that the data is complete in the system.
- FIX – The cached tax codes are now refeshed w hen adding new codes, or w hen the tax code cannot be found during calculation.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here not setting a product description caused exceptions to be throw n w hen using special prices.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here not setting a product description caused exceptions to be throw n w hen deleting a product.
- NEW – Added the ability to refresh account posting information in the event that data is inconsistent – use w ith caution.
- FIX – Fixed issues w ith email entry in the local settings form caused by a bad regular expression – typo, typo, typo!
- FIX – Added a safeguard for w hen customers do not have preferred report styles set.
- FIX – Added a fix that prevents the system ignoring the default report output during bulk printing.
- NEW – Added default CC and BCC email addresses in the Mail Settings section of the Local Settings.
- NEW – Aztec Glass will now prompt you to store an email address for customers that don’t have them w hen emailing – shortcuts!
- FIX – Added additional safeguards for missing data w hen using document addressing.
- FIX – Fixed issues with email addresses on the CC and BCC fields within the send email form.
- FIX – Removed some logging messages to improve performance as the functionality is more stable.
- FIX – Resolved some issues w hen validating email addresses during sending – this meant that Aztec Glass would ignore them!
- FIX – Fixed an issue where account posting status updates w ere not applied after export – annoying!
- FIX – Added additional safeguards to account postings w hen the ValueDate is not available, specifically using either the Order Date or Current date as a proxy if the value cannot be resolved.
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here a document w as not saved correctly before being sent as an email.
More fixes than Edd China – yet another update!
- NEW – Added the database version to the display at the bottom of the main form – helps w ith fixing stuff.
- NEW – Added customer colours to the document forms for easy identification – requires them to be set in the account, though!
- NEW – Added customer colours to the document list screen for quick identification of customers.
- NEW – Added customer colours to the document summary screen for quick identification of customers.
- NEW – Updated library components and runtimes to incorporate fixes and security updates.
- NEW – Improved calculation performance by checking for lines that have changed rather than the whole document.
- NEW – Added the ability to specify Outlook integration preferences – note that these features are not w orking in this version.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here a new document number w as allocated if a document w as saved as a new document type, then re-saved as the old documentype.
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here the user could not send an email if the customer had no email address set.
- FIX – Fixed an error caused by not having label colours configured for customers.
- FIX – Fixed an error caused w hen the required date could not be correctly processed for overdue colouring, particularly after a connection loss.
- FIX – Resolved an intermittent issue w ith synchronising labels and attachments to a document caused by connection loss.
The heat brings out the bugs, so time for some updates!
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here the direct updates to a product w ould not apply if a description w as not set.
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here special prices w ould not operate correctly if a description for a product w as not set.
- FIX – Sorted a small memory leak w hen updating document history using programmers gaffer tape.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here the program w ould fail to update the document history for invoices, resulting in the w rong date.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith prompting for an invoice date w here the result w as not correctly stored by the program.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here the date format for Sage exports generates incorrect data.
Move fixes and new things
- FIX – Added the ability amend spacer data directly from the “Add Unit” dialog using the “+” buttons.
- FIX – Resolved some more of the issues w ith the delivery address dialog details.
- NEW – Added the ability to send emails from w ithin documents, including the ability to add additional attachments.
- NEW – Added settings to support Office integration. New features coming this summer 🙂
Resolving some address issues
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here the document address details dialog w ould not open for editing.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here the document address dialog w ould prompt you to save changes you hadn’t made, because opposite day!
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here the changes to the addresses w ould not alw ays be detected and therefore could not be saved.
Fixing the things that slipped through the net …
- NEW – Added the ability to edit a product unit cost as w ell as the retail price from w ithin the product list view.
- NEW – The product list form grid now remembers layout betw een application open and close – surprisingly convenient!
- NEW – Added the ability to specify a preferred report style on a per-customer basis.
- FIX – Resolved an issue that caused an error message w hen creating a new double-glazed stock unit.
- FIX – Sorted an issue that mean a product could not be deleted if it had shape or process membership defined – your membership has been terminated.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here document addresses could not be edited and did not save correctly.
- FIX – Deleting processes now w orks even if processes have been used in documents. This should be used w ith caution, how ever.
- FIX – The glass selection boxes on the add stock unit dialog now resize so all details can be seen.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here encryption w ould cause data to not be saved correctly.
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here stock double-glazed units w ere not correctly resolved during calculations.
New functionality, some fixes and some summer cleaning! And the release notes have new items on top! Convenient!
- NEW – Updated dependent library versions for security and stability.
- NEW – Added security to the configuration files used by Aztec Glass.
- NEW – When the system cannot connect to the database, you can change the settings from w ithin the details form and have them save! NEW – Added the ability to zoom the product view as there is a LOT of small text on there.
- NEW – Added the document summary (active document) view to the application: Home -> View -> Document Summary.
- NEW – Added the ability to pause the auto refresh in the main document list.
- NEW – Added the label list view and printing to the application: Home -> View -> Labelling.
- NEW – Added additional validation to the stock item entry to ensure that the resulting line can be priced properly.
- NEW – You can finally move lines up and dow n w ithin a document. It’s take a w hile, but here w e are 🙂
- FIX – Fixed an issue w ith processing groups w here a process type w as not set by default. This caused issues for pricing later on.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith account postings w here the layout w ould be corrupted by multi-line addresses (Xero).
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith Sage account posting w here certain fields could not be processed by Sage.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here memory usage w ould increase significantly.
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here the line numbers on the retail document line page w ere aligned strangely – that OCD is creeping in again!
- FIX – Resolve an issue w here processes w ould complain during the save process.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here adding document lines did not use the customer’s tax code settings.
- FIX – Tidied up some of the forms to improve the look and feel of the application – spring clean!
- FIX – Resolved an issue w hen editing stock items that meant that a new line w as added rather than the current line being updated.
- FIX – Resolved an issue on labels w here the label w ould link to the process associated w ith the glass / dg rather than the parent line.
Post FIT Show fixes – hope you came to see us!
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here the ribbon control became unrecoverable w hen minimised.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith remakes w hen choosing a pre-defined remake reason that threw an error.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith processes that indicated that they w ere toughening failing to add to a document.
- FIX – Removed redundant footer panel from the product list to improve look-and-feel, plus more space to view product row s.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here a document forgets that it has been costed, due to multiple costing records.
FIT Show 2019 fixes – come and see us!
- FIX – Fixed an issue w ith empty addresses causing issues w hen exporting to Sage.
- FIX – Sorted an issue w here the fields on the Sage export file w ere mangled in certain circumstances.
- FIX – Resolved an issue that meant that the Xero formatted output did not get generated correctly.
- FIX – Sorted an issue w here changes to local settings did not alw ays get saved.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith Discount Bands that caused the dialog to not appear.
It’s the little things …
- FIX – Fixed a crash w hen printing an unsaved document that meant the user had to explcitly save a document before printing.
- FIX – Corrected a spelling mistake in startup logging that w as triggering my OCD.
- FIX – Fixed an issue w ith discount bands that w ould cause the data setup dialog to crash.
- NEW – Added the ability to export customer details from the sales accounting screen to allow for import into accounting packages.
- FIX – Fixed an issue w ith the tax rate dialog meaning that you could not open it – Hector w ould not be happy.
- FIX – Added a missing closing bracket to one of the startup logging messages – see point on OCD.
Final special price fixes … w e hope!
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here resetting special prices did not remove the previous special prices.
The saga of Special Price fixes continues …
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here if a product has a zero cost, then it cannot be priced and causes errors.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here the special prices w ould get confused w hen changing customers, resulting in prices not saving.
- NEW – Added the ability to edit a product by double-clicking the row in the grid.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here a product in the special grid view w as not correctly resolved.
- NEW – Added the ability to use the existing special price as the basis for apply a percentage increase.
Special Price fixes to ensure correct pricing
- FIX – Resolved an issue w hen changing product special prices that caused errors. BIG errors.
- FIX – The special prices cache is invalidated w hen the special prices are changed, thereby ensuring correct pricing.
- FIX – The Wastage column in the product list form now show s a percentage indicator – consistency rules.
- FIX – Fixed an issue during startup w here an error w as caused by changes to the logging levels – I’m a lumberjack and NOT OK.
- FIX – The logging output now respects changes in the local settings so no more editing configuration files 🙂
- FIX – Changed rounding policy on figures to output consistent totals and remove (as much as possible) the dreaded penny drift.
Pricing fixes for weird behaviours
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here the retail document line grid w ould be rendered w ith a red “X” – a plague upon bugs!
- FIX – Changed a rather confusing message that appears w hen closing the “Add Glass” form that complained about changes to a document.
- FIX – Resolved a problematic issue w ith deleting processes that caused incorrect pricing and some strange behaviours w ith costing.
- FIX – Removed some strange behaviours w hen editing document lines that meant that lines “disappeared” from the document temporarily.
- FIX – Resolved the resizing of the process name lookup on the Glass Form so you can see the complete description.
- FIX – Removed the calculation type column from the process name lookup on the Glass Form to reduce confusion.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here labels failed to save w hen a document w as saved – more sequencing issues, but good now 🙂
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here labels did not restore correctly due to being linked to the w rong document line.
- NEW – Added the ability to change the logging level w ithin the Local Settings form to make life easier for Gareth.
Special Prices w ith more special
- NEW – Added additional safeguards to the data in special prices to ensure correct behaviour w hen loading / saving.
- NEW – Added highlight on document invoicing screen to indicate that a special price is being used.
- NEW – Added a tooltip over the item price column in the retail grid to show that a special price is being used.
Just w hen you think you have sorted out product special prices …
- FIX – Fixed an issue w ith special price identifiers meaning that they did not correctly store in the database.
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here special prices did not link correctly to the customer during editing.
- FIX – Fixed inconsistent customer identifiers w hen using special prices.
- FIX – Special prices now actually appear in the grid 🙂
- FIX – Document line numbers are correctly reset after document lines are removed.
More fixes … Fixy McFix-Face
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith minimum areas on Glass items w here the min area did not calculate correctly w hen certain application parameters w ere configured.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here processes w ere not copied correctly w hen adding multiple document line items w ith the same processes.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here deleting a line did not delete processes and they w ould return like the undead.
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here you could not change the minimum area checkbox w hen editing a document line.
- FIX – Fixed a performance issue w hen retrieving processes for a document line that caused a slow dow n.
Some fixes for little niggles…
- FIX – Ensured that the database and the application keep in step after each document w as saved – this could get adrift due to remote hosting, but this is sorted now.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith deleting documents w hich meant that there w ere errors if you tried it.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith copy-paste of lines that had processing – the lines copied, the processes not so much
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here copy-paste lines did not link correctly to processing and caused issues w ith line numbering and pricing. Resolved!
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here deleting glass or units did not delete the associated processes, thereby causing calculation errors. You w ill see a slightly different behaviour w hen you select a glass or unit row, in that the operations are automatically selected.
- FIX – Fixed a crash w hen adding multiple items that have minimum areas, specifically w hen you remove the minimum area from the next row.
- FIX – Ensured that the product being used w hen creating multiple items based on the same product does not get out of sync w ith the database.
- FIX – Allow ed special pricing for all products, but w ith a confirmation box – things could get messy otherw ise, but don’t say w e didn’t w arn you…
- FIX – Fixed issue w here the save button for special prices did not enable, so changes could not be saved.
Tidying up loose ends … By killing bugs!
- FIX – Resolved some issues w ith the previous update w here the data w ould fail to be modified w hen applying database changes – fixed now !
- NEW – Added a flag to the process dialog to indicate w hen a user can edit the process description.
- NEW – The user can now specify a default processing group, in fact this is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- FIX – Adding a new process w ill now pick up the default processing group and default department – about time, I hear you say!
- FIX – Resolved issue that prevented historical information capture during document saving
- FIX – Sorted issues w ith account postings that meant no files w ere generated
- NEW – Added some additional logic that ensures w e have a nominal code for exports to minimise errors – ensure you have a default nominal!
- NEW – Simplified the logic for generating account exports: you select the items to export, you export – simples (for real Trezza)!
- NEW – You can now see w ho exported to the accounts and w hen – useful w hen you w ant to thank them for their efforts … #Bonus!
- NEW – The layout of the account export grid is now saved betw een sessions so that you don’t have to keep moving things around – considerate softw are construction.
- FIX – The document preview now updates w hen you change document type after saving and / or printing
- NEW – Added the ability to specify markups against document priorities. These are NOT pricing, but w ill be soon…
- NEW – Added the ability to add a new product directly in the product list – I have no clue w hy w e didn’t have this before.
- NEW – Added the ability to create a new product based on an existing one – time saving is w hy w e are here!
- NEW – After creating a new product based on an existing one, you can automatically open the form to edit the new ly created one.
Mo customers, mo suggestions and defect fixes – feedback is alw ays nice!
- FIX – Update the Account Posting screen to ensure that it refreshes w hen activated, thereby ensuring that new postings are displayed
- FIX – Document costings now initialise correctly, thereby ensuring that documents can calculate w hen opened and / or printed
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here document totals w ere not completely refreshed before saving to the database
- FIX – The refreshing of the document list now suspends if you have selected documents – you don’t have to chase the selection any more…
- FIX – Fixed another issue w ith saving document costings the ensures that the document is properly saved
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here if the default reports could not be found, Clarity w ould throw a w obbly – not good
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here deleting a process from a line w ould cause the line to be “orphaned” from the parent – sad, so sad – meaning that line values w ere not calculated correctly
- FIX – When adding glass, the previous line information is retained for the new line, saving time, effort, frustration, unicorn tears and customers!
- NEW – You can now save a document as a PDF, but make sure you have set the “documents” folder in your local settings…
- NEW – Not only can you save a document as a PDF, but you can also Preview it too!!!! Fancy!!!
Ooh … shapes! Lovely! This one has been a long time coming, mind you!
- FIX – Updated library versions and third-party extensions to get all the latest goodness and remove some of the badness
- NEW – Added the ability to enter shape groups
- NEW – Added the ability to enter shape information
- NEW – Added the ability to enter shape pricing
- NEW – Added the ability to shape glass items w hen invoicing – obvs!
- FIX – Additional fixes for Production Client functionality – it’s getting better every version, honest 🙂
- NEW – Added an edit button to the Product List so that the user can edit the highlighted row – saves double-clicking in the far left of the grid, that’s for sure!
- FIX – Edgew ork / length processing now updates the number of w idths and heights for printing
- FIX – Added additional information to the error message w hen printing and the report file could not be found
- NEW – Added the ability to print multiple documents from the main document list view – batch print, each your heart out!
- FIX – Added additional logging around document printing to allow for diagnosis of report issues.
Making it better, hopefully ?
- FIX – Resolved some of the formatting options in the grid columns to make it less confusing.
- NEW – Added a buttong to the production client document list to quickly hide completed documents – go productivity!
- FIX – Production Client completion column now show s a completion percentage as w ell as the progress bar.
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here the file and folder settings w ould not show w hen you first open the Local Settings dialog in Aztec Glass w hich annoyed Gareth quite a bit.
- FIX – You can now delete document lines w hich w ill also please customers and Gareth alike!
- FIX – Removed an error that occurred w hen clearing document locks during shutdow n. This affects performance a little, but also clutters the log files – a bad thing!
Production Client doo doo doo doo doo…
- NEW – Initial release of the Production Client for Aztec Glass.
Some quick fixes for some annoying issues – more good stuff coming soon ;). All the ones!
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here a new product group did not initialise correctly in respect to defaults.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here a w here adding a new product w ith a “broken” product group caused the app to crash.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here the user could select multiple default product groups and cause errors. There can be only one!!
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here saving product groups caused constant prompts w hen trying to save.
- FIX – You can now specify a default department for a given product group, w hich is nice.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith adding departments that meant the duplicate check caused an error.
More fixes, more betterer…
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here the checkbox for using minimum area w as not enabled w hen editing a document line that is below the minimum area
- NEW – Implemented the dual-minimum area operations last seen in G5 – retro is so now, baby!
- NEW – Implemented the restriction on using discounts against document lines using minimum areas – price-tastic.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here deleting a product did not w ork if that product w as used in a stock unit.
- FIX – Resolved issues w ith deleted lines reappearing after document saves because no-one lines zombies.
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here the document costing details did not save correctly resulting in zero values.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here the document state w as not correctly reflected in the database w hen saving.
Bring forth the toggling of minimum areas!
- NEW – Added the ability to toggle minimum areas on a line-by-line basis on both glass and processing – this is done in the cost screen.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here toggling the minimum area w hen adding glass did not function correctly.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith auto-refresh that could cause threading problems for other updates.
- FIX – Sorted an issue w here the costing details w ere not saved w ith the document – zero prices are NOT fun.
- FIX – Sorted an issue regarding the “opening document” w indow staying open.
Bugs, bugs, bugs … sigh
- FIX – Sorted out the issues w ith turning minimum areas off on the glass item details form.
- FIX – Fixed an issue w ith refreshing documents w here the buttons refreshed the data, but not w hat w as displayed on the grid – invisible data is great, unless you w ant to use it!
- FIX – Sorted out the automatic document refresh timer so that it actually w orks.
- FIX – Resolved a minor issue w ith document deleting that means it actually w orks as w ell.
OK, so some pesky bugs made it through on minimum areas – let’s try again!
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith minimum areas for glass w here minimum area w as used to calculate the value – now it’s quantity!
- NEW – Added tooltips to the retail grid so that the user can see w hat the colours mean – spiffy!
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here the “grid zoom” panel on the document list w ould overlap the filter footer – I can see clearly now …
- FIX – The user can now override the minimum area flag w hen editing glass items – careful now !
Happy 2019! Shame about the minimum areas, but sorted now 🙂
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith minimum areas for processing w here the actual minimum areas w ere ignored
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith minimum areas for glass w here minimum areas w ere overw ritten after being calculated
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith printing w here the “please w ait” form did not close – annoyingly persistent!
Printing and reports stuff – oooh! Papery!
- NEW – Added the ability to choose report styles before printing documents – add your ow n too!
- NEW – Added a check to report styles so that if there isn’t a version of the report for the given style, it w ill ask if the user w ants to use the default one instead – isn’t that nice?! 🙂
- FIX – Added some data fixes for toughened processes in the database because that is w hat good softw are companies w ith positive attitudes do.
- NEW – Added the ability to indicate that a process is toughening so that the glass is included in the toughened ordering report – customers really do have great ideas!
- FIX – Fixed the toughened report database structures to ensure that data actually appears – important that one.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here the default product group and department w ere not selected w hen adding a new product. This caused “empty” products to be generated if there w as an error – not good!
- FIX – The report editor now opens in the folder containing the reports – ease of use, baby, yeah!
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here repeatedly printing or print preview ing a report caused an error.
More processing fixes
- FIX – Fixed an issue w ith quantity-based processes w here quantities w ere ignored
- FIX – Fixed an issue w ith quantity-based processes w here parent quantities w ere ignored
Quick fixes are the best fixes 🙂
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here prcessing lines failed to calculate
- FIX – Fixed an issue w ith the database that meant operation prices w ere not returned
All the ones, 1.1.1 – Bingo!?!?
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here prices w ere not calculated if zero cost or retail values w ere specified
- NEW – Added the ability to delete processes from the process list form – don’t know w hy w e didn’t think of this before 🙂
- NEW – Added the ability to add processes from the process list form – see above!
- NEW – Added a flag to processing so that you can indicate that a process relates to toughening glass, then the glass you apply the process to can then be sent to the toughened report – customer feedback rocks!
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here if the scalar measure for a process w as greater than the maximum in the pricing table, the pricing w ould fail. Now, the behaviour is that the “maximum” value is used instead. Alw ays get a price now 🙂
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here if you added a new process or process group, then the data w ould not show in the processing part of the add glass / add unit form.
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here report names w ere not correctly resolved during the printing and print preview functions.
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here the print preview and print as functions did not respond to user input.
- NEW – The document preview tab in the main screen now w orks as intended – document preview s! On the main screen! Gadzooks!
Version bump – w e have lift off and a LOAD of fixes…
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here prices w ere not calculated if zero cost or retail values w ere specified
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here special prices generated on-the-fly w ere not retrieved correctly w hen creating documents
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here operations did not price on a document if the glass or unit prices w ere zero
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith reports w here report names, and filenames, w ere incorrectly resolved
- FIX – Fixed costing issues w ith zero-retail / zero-cost pricing
- FIX – Added the ability to select and delete products from the list – this w ill also remove special prices!
- FIX – Made some changes to one of the special price database queries to improve performance – faster=better, obvs!
- FIX – Sorted the user interface layout for the save edited price dialog so that you can read it – useful!
- FIX – Fixed an issue w ith zero-priced items and the “edited price” dialog w here there w ould be an error
- FIX – Sorted out the text formatting on the new price display to 2 decimal places
- FIX – Moved the delete documents button from the main ribbon page to the “View ” page on the document list – it doesn’t w ork otherw ise, so sorry about that!
- FIX – Documents can now be deleted successfully and do not reappear! No more ghost documents! 🙂
- FIX – You can now also delete pesky customers that don’t pay or that you don’t really like – not in real life, though!
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here report styles w ere not correctly handled or detected – a real pain!
- FIX – Report locations and styles are now pre-cached ahead of usage to ensure that report opening is quicker.
Argh! Go-live hotfix!
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here the program w ould not start due to missing settings files
Special Prices – more options and support for units and processing…
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here exceptions w ould be throw n w hen editing special prices directly
- FIX – Improved performance of special price screen by remove excessive logging
- NEW – Added additional reports for printing documents – much better looking too 🙂
- NEW – Added reporting functionality to print documents correctly.
- NEW – Added the ability to update special prices and stock prices after editing the retail price in the cost view – this is quite funky and w ill be coming to other areas as w ell!
Special Prices – another step forw ard, another bunch of bugs 🙁
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here making changes to the same customer’s special prices then saving again caused an exception to be throw n.
- FIX – Fixed a performance issue w ith the special prices screen w hich meant latency betw een key presses and screen updates – gotta go fast!
Special Prices – another step forw ard, but only for Products at the moment
- NEW – Added product special prices to the database and the user interface.
- NEW – Special prices are applied correctly to products and glass items – this w ill disable discounts so as not to double up on how “special” customer prices are. Let us know if you w ant this to change!
- NEW – Added a new “View ” for special price management and data entry, w hich is nice.
- FIX – Removed some logging from parts of the system that are now stable to speed things up a bit!
- FIX – Updated component libraries to fix an issue and to get new shiny toys to make a better piece of softw are … Mmmm. Shiny.
Release 1.0.11 – HOTFIX
Eep! Emergency fix! Argh!
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here new documents could not be created due to new remake checks.
Fixes and new stuff because baby you’re a firew ork!
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here new ly added products generated a katherine w heel of errors w hen added to documents.
- FIX – Added additional validation to the forms w hen adding glass and double-glazed units to make sure that you specify a quantity – boom!
- FIX – Also added the zero-quantity check to the product form to prevent an explosion of bug reports.
- FIX – Fixed a spelling mistake on the stock double-glazed unit for – aw kw ard!
- NEW – At last! Something new ! Added the all new and improved remake functionality! Remake like a Roman Candle, baby!
Spooky fixes, and haunting functionality – and it’s all about processing!
- NEW – You can now make changes to product information directly in the product view, including check boxes – clicky claw s…
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here products w ould get spooked if the user changed product codes in the main view – w ooooo!
- FIX – You can now add double-glazed units in the main screen again – the invisible dialog returns…
- FIX – You can now add new departments w hen adding processes – hardw are department for zombie apocalypse items?
- FIX – Finally, finally, finally fixed the pesky markup and member table gremlins that caused issues w hen adding / editing processes – aw ooo!
- FIX – Resolved an issue w ith Member tables w here ALL member tables w ere selected w hen adding a new process – it feels like they w ere haunting us
- FIX – Sorted out an issue w here the toughened report view didn’t refresh – stranger things…
More new features, more fixes, mo’ better
- NEW – Implemented the local settings that allow for folders, printers and e-amil settings to be configured. These are machine specific and are stored locally.
- NEW – Simplified folder handling to ensure that the user doesn’t have to set up folders individually
- FIX – Resolved an issue that meant performance w as slow during document calculations
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here editing operation prices w as ignored … and nobody likes to be ignored
- FIX – Sorted out an issue w ith the costing of double glazed units that meant profits w ere incorrect
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here the document w as not resettings w hen the document lines w ere, meaning there w ere additional reset requests w hen using Beat-A-Quote
Improvements and fixes
- FIX – Sorted an issue w ith Stock Items that meant they could not be calculated or costed
- FIX – Fixed issues w ith Stock Items and Beat-A-Quote w here profit adjustments w ere made tw ice
- FIX – Fixed issues w ith Unit Items and Beat-A-Quote w here random figures w ould result – Hallow een!
- FIX – Fixed issues w ith the Beat-A-Quote form w here strange figures w ould occassionally appear – Stranger Things!
- FIX – Added some new stuff to the database to help a document remember it has been costed – Memento!
- FIX – Another fix for stock items w here the quantity w as ignored – Terminator!
- FIX – Minor fix for processing w hen beat-a-quote is applied to prevent overheads changing
- NEW – Added cutting time to product form, mainly for glass purposes
New stuff as w ell as some fixes and tidying up…
- FIX – Sorted some more of the issues w ith process saving
- NEW – Beat A Quote makes an appearance!
- NEW – Remake changes to the database and some aspects of the user interface
Fixes, but some new stuff as well!
- FIX – Sorted some more of the issues w ith product saving
- FIX – Sorted some more of the issues w ith process saving
- NEW – Copy and paste! It’s w orking! Aw esome!
- FIX – Editing of vehicles now w orks correctly and doesn’t cause exceptions
Another bug fix release sigh …
- FIX – Fixed an issue w here adding a second product caused the application to crash – one product is never enough.
- NEW – Added the ability to specify the amount of processing that can be performed per hour on processing.
- FIX – Sorted out an issue w here the “reset members” button didn’t w ork on the process details form.
- FIX – Added the ability to edit product properties directly in the grid.
The bug fixing continues …
- FIX – The “Close” button on the attachment form now w orks in case you get sick of looking notes.
- FIX – The “Save, Add New ” button on the attachment form also w orks now as you can never have too many notes.
- NEW – Added the ability to store even longer notes for you, yes you! You know w ho you are …
- FIX – Resolved an issue w here new lines w ould not appear after the cost view had been used – thank-you Ivan!
- FIX – Resolve an issue w ith slow performance w hen adding priced note document lines.
More fixes, because no-one is perfect!
- FIX – changes to prices w ithin the cost screen are no longer ignored.
- FIX – delete now w orks in the cost screen as w ell as the retail view.
- FIX – double-click to edit a line now w orks in the cost screen.
- FIX – contextual buttons now disable w hen sw itching aw ay from the cost and retail screens.
- FIX – resolved issues w ith editing costs for double-glazed units.
- FIX – ensured that all clarity libraries and programs have consistent .NET versions – techie thing.
- FIX – fixed issues that prevented the document line notes from saving to the document.
- FIX – fixed an issue w here editing retail prices w ere ignored by calculations.
- FIX – minor speed improvements on calculations, because nobody likes slow.
OK. So there w ere some things that didn’t w ork first time around. Time to fix some stuff!
- FIX – suppliers can now be entered and prices supplied to ensure correct operation.
- FIX – the overheads, w astage, profit and costs are now correctly totalled.
- FIX – supplier view (View –> Suppliers) w orks now (fixed a w iring problem)
- FIX – fixed an error in one of the view s w ithin the database that caused an issue display supplier prices
- NEW – added a printed report for supplier prices, because not everything can be about fixing stuff!
- FIX – fixed issues w hen adding processing to glass and double-glazed unit items.
- FIX – fixes issues w hen saving new documents that contained processing on glass and double-glazed items.
- NEW – added the ability to print a customer price list from the main document screen – yay!
At last! Version 1.0.0 of Aztec Glass! It’s taken a w hile to get here, but w e hope it has been w orth the w ait…
- NEW – the cost screen now finally makes an appearance
- NEW – overheads can now be entered to enable the overhead factor to be calculated – note w e are using a different algorithm now
- NEW – profit information is now calculated correctly, based on w astage and overheads (about time!)
- NEW – if a line is making less profit than the new parameter “Minimum Profit Value”, the Clarity w ill w arn you – sw eet!
- NEW – w hich means that there is a new parameter called “Minimum Profit Value” that you can set to w arn you of low profits.
Release 0.9.4-rc3 Code Name: Bug Blitz!
- FIX – resolved an issue w here you could not add stock products to a document.
- FIX – resolved an issue w hw re discounts w ere not correctly applied to document lines.
- FIX – sorted out an issue w here note items did not calculate correctly, particularly w ith discounts applied.
- FIX – fixed a crash w hen editing the quantity of a double-glazed unit in the main grid.
- FIX – fixed an issue w here the VAT calculations w ere incorrectly or inconsistencly applied.
- FIX – fixed an issue w here log messages w ere not helpful or correct in respect of calculations.
- NEW – added the customer contact report and functionality behind the button to make it w ork.
- FIX – resolved an issue w here reducing the quantity of a line caused a crash w hen synchronising label data, but only for glass and double-glazed units (thankfully).
- FIX – fixed issues w ith line calculations for processing, particularly around discounts, in other w ords, it now actually calculates discounts: bonus!
- FIX – fixed an issue w here priced notes did not calculate correctly.
- FIX – fixed an issue w here the Job Type dialog and drop dow n w ould not w ork correcly.
- FIX – resolved an issue w here you could not add job types to the database.
- NEW – added supplier functionality back into the application.
- NEW – added supplier pricing into the application.
- NEW – added glass pattern data entry into the application.
- NEW – added glass pattern markup pricing into the application.
- FIX – resolved that troublesome line delete bug that w as unw illing to die.
- FIX – significantly improved start-up time because w ho likes to w ait.
- NEW – added the ability to specify folders for input, output and configuration data because flexibility rocks.
- NEW – also related to specifying folders is the fact that users can now specify these on a per-machine basis, so that if you move betw een machines or w ork from home, w e’ve got you covered.
- FIX – resolved an issue w here the Save and Add New button did not w ork on the Add Process form.
- FIX – resolved issues w ith document locking that prevented documents from being locked. Locks are all happy again now.
- FIX – document locks are now intelligent enough to identify the case w here it is the current user w ho actually has the document locked. Watch out for killer AI!
- NEW – added additional diagnostics to the log file output to help identify operating system and .net runtime information, largely because geeks like that sort of thing.
- NEW – added support for high DPI displays because one of our developers got a Microsoft Surface and complained.
- NEW – implemented DirectX rendering on Window s 7+ machines to make the grids draw a bit quicker and because it is kind of cool. It also makes Aztec Glass display cool GPU usage stats in the Task Manager.
- FIX – fixed a random error message that indicated the database connection had been lost w hen it acutally hadn’t – random errors are the w orst.
- FIX – resolved the issue w ith the mysterious deleted line reappearing like something from a bad horror movie w here you think you have killed the big, evil guy, but actually he w as only half-dead and still needs a bit more battling.